Friday 28 November 2008

Adanta Dance Theatre

October was black history month. I was asked to photograph the end of month "Celebration" at Brent Town Hall. I thought I would be photographing a static exhibition but was treated to a succession of enlightening and talented Speakers, Singers, Poets and Politicians. Last on the bill were these guys, "The Adanta Dance Theatre".
What followed was a breathtaking 30 minutes of sound and movement that left me open mouthed with amazement. I am not exaggerating when I say that after 50 odd years of Rock Festivals and Concerts, Musical Theatre and Film, I have never witnessed anything as energising and 'mind blowing' as this. If you get the opportunity to see them do not miss it. If you want to know more about them follow the link on the left.
















































































































I rarely resent my impairment but as I drove away that evening with the rhythm of he drums still running through my head, I was sad that I am unable to join in with the sort of social dancing that was scheduled to follow Adanta.

They had stimulated and excited a part of my thinking that I necessarily shut down many years ago.

I hope these pictures convey the spectacle and the excitement of Adanta's "act". I repeat, if you get the chance to see them do not miss it.

Brian Nov 2008

=====================================================================================================================================================

No comments:

Post a Comment